Tahini Blueberry Biscuits
"Although gluten free and vegan, these biscuits have the flavour and texture of regular biscuits. The nut butter and tahini take over as the main ingredients."
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
credit: Chef Denise Phillips
250g rolled oats (use gluten free if intolerant)
100g buckwheat flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
90ml cold-pressed olive oil
120ml maple syrup
250g Natural World nut butter – choice of almond, cashew, peanut or hazelnut
90g Sesame Kingdom premium tahini
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
100g fresh blueberries
1) Preheat the oven to 160C/ gas mark 4.
2) Place the oats, buckwheat flour and bicarbonate of soda into the food processor and whizz to a coarse texture.
3) Put the olive oil, maple syrup, nut butter, tahini, and vanilla essence into a saucepan and melt gently and stir to combine.
4) Pour the melted mixture onto the flour mixture. Stir in the blueberries.
5) Using slightly damp hands shape into balls. Place onto a tray lined with baking parchment paper.
6) Press down on each biscuit gently with the back of a fork.
7) Bake for about 20 minutes. Don’t over bake them otherwise they will taste dry.
8) Leave to cool on a rack. Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.